The primary presenter for any *accepted presentation (Oral or poster) must have registered for the Congress by 21 September 2020, in order to present on the program as well as to be published in the Eman Research Australia's journal and Proceeding.
Presenters who failed to register by this date will have had their presentation or poster removed from the program and will not be published in the journal.
*This does not include accepted presentations from Late-Breaking submissions. Due to the delayed timing, details of accepted late-breaking abstracts may not be included in the official conference program but will still be published in the conference issue journal.
If you have any questions please contact admin@IBDCEXPO.com and/or view our online registration link.
All visitors should apply for a visa at least two months prior to their intended date of departure. The Congress Secretariat holds no responsibility for visa applications.
Failure to obtain the appropriate visa to travel to Malaysia does not constitute a refund. No refunds will be made after 5 April 2021 due to failure to secure a visa to Australia. The Congress Secretariat must be advised in writing of any alterations or transfers.
Visa information can be found here. (Hyperlink to visa page)
Oral, panel & workshop presentation guidelines
1. Presentation length and time keeping
- Please refer to the program for the confirmed length of your presentation
- As a courtesy to other speakers in your session and to ensure the program runs to time, please keep your presentation to your allocated time. Your session chair will provide time alerts and direct the questions.
- Please go to your allocated room 15 minutes before the session start time to meet with the Session Chair and familiarise yourself with the room and AV.
2. Presentation Format and slide ratio
- Your presentation should be saved as Microsoft office PowerPoint file. If you have created your presentation using Apple Keynote, you will need to save your file as a PowerPoint file.
- The slide ratio for your presentation should be set to 16:9
3. Loading your presentation PowerPoint
- A speakers preparation room will be located in Concord Speakers Preparation located on the Concord Level at the Borneo Convention Centre Kuching (BCCK).
- Speakers should report to the speaker preparation room at least 2 hours before their scheduled presentation, or at the preceding catering break.
- If you are presenting in the first session of a morning, please try to load your presentation the day before.
- Speakers are to bring their presentation on a USB with the file name including their first and last name.
- If you have any video files in your presentation, please have these files saved separately on your USB.
- If you would like to use your own laptop to present, please see the technicians in the speaker’s preparation room at least 3 hours before your presentation to arrange.
- The speakers preparation room (Concord Speakers Preparation) will be open at the below times;
- Friday 26 November 2021: 0700 – 1800
- Saturday 27 November 2021: 0730 – 1800
- Sunday 28 November 2021: 0730 – 1800
- Monday 29 November 2021: 0730 – 1530
4. Audio Visual Inclusions
- The below audio visual will be provide in all session rooms
- Data/video projector with sound
- A computer (PC) to which your presentation will be hyperlinked (once submitted to speakers preparation)
- Lectern and microphone
- If you wish to use your own laptop for your presentation, a standard HDMI connection will be available on the lectern. If you have an Apple Mac, you will need to bring the appropriate connection or adaption required.
Poster Presentation Guidelines
1. Poster dimensions
- Posters should be no larger than portrait A0 (841 mm x 1189 mm).
- Posters must strictly be in portrait orientation.
- All posters must be in English.
2. Tips for poster creation
- Your poster should include a title banner listing the presentation title as per your submitted abstract.
- The authors’ names and their organisation(s) should be included.
- Text in the poster should be brief, clear, and concise.
- The poster should be understandable without oral explanation.
- poster titles should be a minimum size of 45 pt
- headings should be a minimum size of 30 pt
- text should be a minimum size of 20 pt (readable from a distance of 2 metres)
- avoid making the text all capitals as this makes it harder for the audience to read
- avoid using a mixture of font styles
- a matt finish on photographs reduces glare and provides better visibility
- results should be displayed graphically, if possible, through the use of pictures, symbols and colour
- figure legends are essential; however, these should be clear and concise
- Handouts of your poster presentation are permissible.
3. Printing your poster
- Your poster can be printed on either card or fabric.
- You can choose to print your poster in your home destination and bring along to the Congress with you.
- If you would like to have your poster printed locally in Sarawak please see the details below;
We suggested the below printing facility. It is conveniently located 1 block from the Borneo Convention Centre. Visit their website to find out costs, as well as information on how to upload for print and collect. Snap Kuching Sarwak:
- Borneo Convention Centre Kuching
The Isthmus, Sejingkat,
P: +60 82-392 888
4. How to display your poster at the Congress
- Poster Area– Posters will be on display in the foyer of the Plaza Level, Grey Street, Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre.
- Poster display day – Accepted presenters will be allocated one full day of the Congress to display their poster.
- Poster display session – On the specific day the presenter has been allocated, they will be required to be beside their poster during the poster viewing session on that day.
- Poster identification– A poster board will be allocated to each poster. Please look for the poster board with your poster number on it. Your presentation details letter will state the poster board location and your unique poster board number.
- Poster hanging times– Posters can be hung on the allocated day only from 7:30am
- Poster dismantle times– Posters need to be removed by 6:00pm on the allocated day.
- Mechanism for poster hanging– If you have printed your poster on card, please bring a supply of Velcro to attach your poster to the display board. If you have printed your poster on fabric, please bring a supply of dress pins to attach your poster to the display board.
5. Poster viewing sessions
- Presenters will have received notification of which day they are allocated to hang their poster and present in the poster viewing session.
- There are three dedicated poster viewing sessions and poster display days during the Congress as per the below;
- Poster day 1 – Friday 26 November – Viewing Session 1:00pm – 2:00pm
- Poster day 2 – Saturday 27 November – Viewing Session 1:00pm – 2:00pm
- Poster day 3 – Friday 28 November – Viewing Session 1:00pm – 2:00pm
- Posters will be on display for the duration of the Congress. Delegates are free to view your poster at any other time and during catering breaks.
How do I register?
Via our online registration link.
Can I attend sessions?
Yes, you have access to all sessions depending on the registration category you have selected.
Can I attend Social Functions?
Yes, a ticket to the welcome reception and the Congress dinner are included with a full registration. RSVP is required via the online registration form.
Can I use my own laptop for presentation?
Yes, you are welcome to bring and use your own laptop for presentation, however please note that only a standard HDMI connection will be provided on the lectern. If you have a Mac you will need to bring your own connection cord or adapter. We suggest that you visit the speaker’s preparation room at least 3 hours prior to your session with your laptop to test.
Do I need to send a copy of my presentation prior to the Congress?
No, please take a copy of the presentation on USB to the Congress and visit the Speakers’ Preparation Room at least 2 hours prior to your talk. The technicians available will then load your presentation accordingly and hyperlink to your presentation room. If you are speaking first up in the morning, you can load your presentation with the speaker’s presentation room when you arrive onsite for the day.
How long is my presentation?
Please refer to the program for the confirmed length of your talk.
If you have any questions relating to your presentation, poster display or the Congress in general please contact;
IBDC&EXPO 2021 Secretariat
Eman Research Australia
Ms Siti Balkees
Ph: +604-641-0294, +6014-241 5410, +6019-409 1824